Comments Off on 3 Fashion Tips for Broke College Students
By Belle Frank
College is all about budgeting. I know we have all heard the term “broke college student” more times that we can count. And if we had a dime every time we heard it, we wouldn’t be broke college students.
However, no matter how broke we are, there are some things that we just don’t want to compromise on. Like, that much needed caffeine fix, or our beauty products, and especially our clothing. But what if I told you that you could look fashion forward without breaking the bank? All it takes is a little patience and some creativity.
- How to shop with limited funds
- Thrift stores – The Mount is tucked into the Hudson Valley, which has some of the best thrift stores. Second hand clothing is much more cost effective, and eco friendly! Here are some of my favorites:
- Goodwill, New Windsor, NY
- Blackbird Attic, Beacon, NY
- Recycled Style, Montgomery, NY
- The Well, Saugerties, NY
- Upcycle – Those outdated jeans you never wear anymore? Take some scissors to them and make them trendy again. Or, make them shorts! I am known to take old boot-cut jeans and distress them to be trendy again. Or, go into a sibling or parent’s closet.
These are thrifted Levi’s jeans I took scissors to, and my boyfriend’s shirt!
- Discounts – Student discount, coupon code apps, and loyalty programs will be your best friend in college. ‘Retail Me Not’ is an app that gives coupon codes for online and in-store shopping. Loyalty programs in stores like American Eagle and Ulta give you points that you can use towards a purchase to money off. Some of the stores that give student discounts are: Continue Reading