Believe it or not, the spring semester is only two weeks away! Here are some things you can do right now to prepare for a fantastic Spring 2020 semester:
- Start packing: If you pack for five minutes every day, then you won’t have to cram next Sunday! Don’t forget to bring back a professional outfit for any Career Center events or internship/job interviews coming up this semester.
- Read a good book: Knowledge helps in any field, so no matter what classes you’re taking this semester, you’ll have a broader worldview just by reading one extra book! (Even better, get ahead on your semester’s reading by starting one of your textbooks early.)
- Join a new club: Check out our list of more than 30 clubs and reach out to the club president to find out when they meet!
- Get ahead on applications: Now is the time to start applications for graduate school, summer jobs and internships, study abroad, donor scholarships, and more! Check out the Portal announcements section for upcoming deadlines.
- Set your schedule: Curl up in a comfy chair and write out your schedule, either digitally or in a planner, for the semester, including classes, club meetings, internship or job hours, and sports practices and games. That way, you can start the semester off feeling organized and just having to add tests and project deadlines! Don’t forget to schedule in some time for self-care and relaxation.
- Sleep in: We all know sleep is a precious commodity in college, so get in some extra zzzz’s now so you feel refreshed and ready to tackle the coming semester!