The 2010s were a pretty good decade for the Mount! We saw growth in a number of areas and had some pretty awesome moments. Here are a few of our favorites!
1. We bought, renovated, and opened the Dominican Center.
2. Jesse McCartney played on campus in 2018 and brought out the inner early 2000s middle school girl in all of us.
3. We added 19 new programs to our academic offerings, including concentrations in Sports Management and Healthcare Management as well as majors like Cybersecurity and Exercise Science.
4. Best-selling author and Newburgh native James Patterson spoke at Commencement 2013, which was also the college’s 50th class.
5. We gave back to our community. In the past 10 years, the Mount community has donated more than 6,000 toys and $10,000 worth of food to those in need, not to mention the literally thousands of hours of service by students, faculty, and staff across campus.
6. The MSMC Knights won almost 15 Skyline Championships and 4 NCAA tournament games. Plus, we added 6 new athletic teams!
7. We recreated the Dominican Sisters’ original walk from the waterfront up the hill to the Mount’s present-day campus in 2019 for our 60th anniversary.
8. Our first Tree Lighting took place in 2010, which is now a beloved annual tradition to close out the fall semester!
9. Mount students began to volunteer as tax preparers with the IRS for low-income families, as educators with the Newburgh Armory Unity Center, and as investigators with the DEC, counting and analyzing eels in Quassaick Creek.
10. We graduated more than 6,100 incredible students and leaders who are doing amazing things out in the world!
The 2010s were great, but we’re looking forward to an even more incredible 2020 and beyond!