Meet the Mount: Angelica Rolka ’20

by · February 26, 2019

In our “Meet the Mount” series, we’ll be highlighting some of the Mount’s people – our students, faculty, staff, and alumni – who make this college the wonderful community it is.

Angelica Rolka ’20

Class Year: Junior

Major: Nursing

Campus Activities/Jobs: Get Creative Club, Library Worker

Favorite spot on campus: The Forgotten Stairwell Loop in the Dominican Center

Career aspirations: To become a midwife, then Nursing professor

One word to describe the Mount: Close-knit

“The Mount was my #1 college choice after visiting it just once,” says Angelica Rolka ’20.
“I was very shy when I first started out, avoiding all the freshman activities and keeping to myself in the dorm room,” she reminisces. “My freshman roommate, now best friend, Emily Fricano, was the first Mount person I talked to and connected with. Now you can see me sitting in the View chatting away with Father Greg and many other Mount students.”

She credits the college community in helping her become more involved and social. “The Mount helped me blossom as a person with the comfort you get from small classrooms and family-like environment in the dorms. I learned how to be socially brave especially when I became a part of the Get Creative Club, which had me interacting with more students and making even more friends. Also, a big help was the offered Counseling Center, which helped me take the baby steps I needed to transition from home to college life.”
In the classroom, Angelica is feeling just as prepared for the next transition she’ll make – from student to nurse. “I’ve learned so much in the Nursing program and will never forget the lessons of compassionate care. Mount professors gave me the bravery of knowledge on my side in the nursing field. I feel that when I graduate I will be well prepared to go out into the nursing field.”

What is your Mount story? Contact us at webservices@msmc.edu to share your Mount experience!