One Final Ride – To the Class of 2019

by · February 21, 2019

The Spring 2019 semester can be seen as a fresh start for some students. Maybe for freshmen who switched their major, it’s a chance to start a new career path. This semester could be a chance for a sophomore to join a club or even start a new one. For juniors, it’s a chance to start looking for summer internships, but for seniors, this is it. This is our last semester in college. As our weeks are dwindling down, we all start to reminisce on our time here at the Mount. Everything we learned and experienced in our four years has prepared us to enter the real world and now it’s time to put those skills to use.

Sitting down with Senior Class President Mikayla Zaccaria and Senior Resident Assistant Margot Cano, they talked about their Mount experience.

What are you going to miss most about the Mount?

Mikayla: “I am going to miss my friends that became family. We have all grown so much over the last 4 years and it is going to be hard not having them down the hall from me, or eating every meal together. All the memories we have created I will cherish forever!”

What is your favorite memory you have of your four years here?

Mikayla: “My best memory that I have of my four years is winning Mount Olympics as a junior. Everyone thought that it was rigged and that seniors always win, but my class squashed that rumor and gave hope to the younger classes! We were able to keep our streak going and won our senior year as well!”

What made you want to become more involved on campus?

Margot: “Coming to the Mount, I knew that I wanted to be involved and be part of any new opportunity that came my way. I really wanted to immerse myself in the Mount culture and make my 4 years here memorable. I applied to be an RA my freshman year of college and I’m now in my 3rd year of being part of the Residence Life family. This has been the best decision for me – it has allowed me to grow, meet new people that I may have never met otherwise, and connect with other professional offices on campus!”

What are you looking forward to most after graduation?

Margot: “I am looking forward to finally starting my career as a nurse after 4 long years of hard work. I will be forever grateful that the Mount has provided me with the knowledge and skill set to succeed in my future.”

Mikayla also had one last thing to say before she leaves the Mount, but she said to tune into her graduation speech to find out.

With graduation creeping up closer then we think, pretty soon it will be May and we’ll be getting ready to walk across that stage to receive that diploma we worked so hard for. We will always remember the friendships that we made that will last a lifetime. We will remember the professors and faculty that helped shaped our Mount experience in order to become successful. Finally we will remember the Mount for giving us this opportunity to achieve our dreams and preparing us to enter the real world. The Mount is where our dreams started to become a reality. Once we walk across that stage, our dreams will officially become that reality.

For us seniors, all those nights staying up late studying in the library may finally be worth it. At the time, it’s the worst feeling in the world, but when you become that nurse, or teacher, or even a stock broker on Wall Street, you’ll look back at those nights and be thankful you put in the time then in order to be where you are now.

We have only a short time left here at the Mount. Make sure you are able to leave here knowing you have accomplished everything you set out to do for yourself. Enjoy these times with the friends you made, and finally, just enjoy this one final ride we have left of this chapter in our life called college

By: Tyler Mannix, Member of Class of 2019

Filed Under: Featured Posts

Tags: ,