Meet the Mount: Madison Herley ’19

by · January 16, 2019

In our “Meet the Mount” series, we’ll be highlighting some of the Mount’s people – our students, faculty, staff, and alumni – who make this college the wonderful community it is.

Madison Herley ’19

Class Year: Senior

Major: Media Studies

Concentration: Production

Minors: Journalism and Art

Reason for picking that major: My favorite thing about studying Media Studies and Production is that it’s so hands on. Our professors allow us to work in groups and go out into the community to capture video work. I’ve always seen myself working in the television industry as a producer. Being in this profession there is never a dull moment and every day there is something different to do.

Campus Activities/Jobs: Resident Assistant (RA)

Reason for getting involved: I chose to get involve on campus because I wanted to be apart of something. Freshman year you got to see that people had each other already. They all had a second family at the Mount. I wanted to have a second “family” that I could count on and that’s what being an RA did for me. This has shaped my campus experience because I got to be there for residents, too.

Favorite spot on campus: Dominican Center hill

One word to describe the Mount: Beautiful

Above: Madison Herley ’19 recently coordinated the Mount’s A.R.T. Show Part II in spring 2018.

What is your Mount story? Contact us at webservices@msmc.edu to share your Mount experience!