Meet the Mount: Destiny Bettica ’20

by · December 21, 2018

In our “Meet the Mount” series, we’ll be highlighting some of the Mount’s people – our students, faculty, staff, and alumni – who make this college the wonderful community it is.

Destiny Bettica ’20

Class Year: Junior

Major: History

Minors: Music/Theatre and Art

Campus Activities/Jobs: Different Stages (president), Knight Notes, Improvology, Dominican Scholars of Hope, Orientation Leader, College Choir, MSMC Theatre

Favorite spot on campus: The View

One word to describe the Mount: Home

Getting involved on campus has been the key to Destiny Bettica’s Mount experience being as wonderful as it has been.

“I decided to get involved on campus because I was told that it was an easier way to make friends, and boy was that right,” she notes. “Since getting involved, I’ve made so many connections with students and faculty that makes the Mount feel even more like Home.”

The junior History major is particularly interested in the number of performance arts opportunities at the college, including singing in the college’s choir for Vespers and the spring concert as well as getting involved in theater-based student clubs like Different Stages and Improvology. “Music and theater have always been my favorite hobbies, so being involved in things such as plays or Christmas Vespers always bring me joy, especially participating along side my friends.”

On the academic side, Destiny instantly felt a connection in the Division of Social Sciences after changing her major from Biology on the Pre-Med track to History due to missing the subject after high school. “My favorite thing about studying History at the Mount is how personable and friendly the faculty are. They were very welcoming when I changed my major to History, and my advisor was ready to help me adapt my schedule to my new major.”

It’s safe to say that Destiny does not regret her decision to come to the Mount for her college education and experience: “Creating relationships with the students and faculty that I have there truly have made the Mount my home, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

What is your Mount story? Contact us at webservices@msmc.edu to share your Mount experience!