Meet the Mount: Mikayla Zaccaria ’19

by · November 19, 2018

In our “Meet the Mount” series, we’ll be highlighting some of the Mount’s people – our students, faculty, staff, and alumni – who make this college the wonderful community it is.

Mikayla Zaccaria ’19

Class Year: Senior

Major: History

Certifications: Childhood and Special Education

Minor: Psychology

Campus activities/jobs: Student Government Association, Class President, Resident Assistant, Women’s Tennis Team, Orientation Leader, Kappa Delta Pi, Phi Alpha Theta, Alpha Chi

Favorite spot on campus: Picnic tables on the Dominican Center hill

One word to describe the Mount: Family

Mikayla Zaccaria has been enthusiastic about her Mount experience since before she was even a student.

After having an awesome experience at Accepted Student Day (including winning the trivia game), she quickly paid her deposit to the Mount and joined the Class of 2019.

She’s been class president ever since.

“My friends definitely played a major part of me getting involved,” she explains. “Ever since I was a freshman, I was always friends with upperclassmen, and especially the upperclassmen that were student leaders. They used to tell me all their stories of the different organizations they were a part of and I wanted to be a part of them too.”

Her favorite memory from being part of student activities on campus was winning Mount Olympics, the epic annual battle of the classes during Spirit Week, and rushing to receive the trophy from the Vice President for Students, Elaine O’Grady.

The Junior class winning the 2017 Mount Olympics (Mikayla center, holding trophy)

She notes that getting involved outside of the classroom has been integral to her college experience. “I also knew that the Mount was going to be my home for the next 4 years and I wanted to play a part in help shaping it to what it is today. If I wasn’t as involved as I am, I honestly do not know what I would do. I think my college experience would be just plain boring, and boring is something I am not!” she adds.

What is your Mount story? Contact us at webservices@msmc.edu to share your Mount experience!