Meet the Mount: William Wiacek ’18

by · October 15, 2018

In our “Meet the Mount” series, we’ll be highlighting some of the Mount’s people – our students, faculty, staff, and alumni – who make this college the wonderful community it is.

William Wiacek ’18

Class Year: Senior

Major: Psychology on the Pre-Physical Therapy track

Campus Activities/Jobs: Photography club, Admissions Ambassador, Orientation Leader, Resident Living Council

Favorite spot on campus: Hudson Lounge

One word to describe the Mount: Community

As William Wiacek completes his final semester at the Mount, he is looking back on a number of amazing experiences he will take with him as he makes the next step in life.

Thanks to the wonderful Psychology faculty, William feels prepared for the future. “I love the Psychology staff. The professors are amazing, they take their time to make sure you understand what you are learning, and they are great people to get to know!” In fact, he enjoyed his Intro to Psychology class so much that he switched his major to Psychology as a result.

One of the best academic experiences he is taking from his time at the Mount was an independent study with Psychology professor Dr. Uzelac. “It was an amazing experience. I really enjoyed picking a topic we were both interested in and having the weekly conversations about the book we read and other things we found out.”

He has also enjoyed the opportunities he’s had to pass his love of the Mount on to new  students.

“I chose to get involved on campus so I could help make fun events on campus,” he explains. “I also liked sharing the moments I had and my experiences at the Mount with incoming and prospective students. I want to see other students succeed but also enjoy their time here.”

As he moves on to the next phase of his journey, William will most remember the community he became a part of at the Mount. “As a student you’ll probably hear the saying 1,000 times,” he said, “but at the Mount, no Knight is left behind.”

What is your Mount story? Contact us at webservices@msmc.edu to share your Mount experience!