Being an RA at the Mount

by · February 7, 2018

My name is Danielle Zaleski, and I am a senior resident assistant for freshman residents in Sakac Hall.

I started my RA journey last year with upper classmen in College Court 16, and I haven’t looked back since. If I were to go back and do this entire process again, the only thing I would change would be applying for this position right after freshman year!

Taking on this responsibility has opened multiple doors including having better relationships with faculty on campus, helping build my leadership skills, and blessing me with a family I like to call Res Life. I wouldn’t say this job is easy and like any other job it has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day, being able to be a piece that helped make a fellow students college experience the best it could possibly be is an honor.

When I was applying for my summer nurse internships, every interviewer asked me about my role as an RA on campus and how it shaped me as a student and a leader. I would definitely say this job has been a huge impact on my growth as a student leader on campus and in being able to manage my schooling, work, and other obligations much like I will have to do as a registered nurse.

If you are contemplating applying for the Fall 2018 Resident Assistant program, don’t contemplate, just apply because it will be one of the best experience of your college career! Get your applications in!

Want to apply to be a resident assistant? Download an application here.