Then and Now: Urszula Wyluda

by · November 15, 2017

Urszula Wyluda ’11 in her classroom at Milner Core Knowledge Academy in 2011.

In 2011, Urszula Wyluda was a brand new Mount Saint Mary College graduate, embarking on her journey as a teacher at Milner Core Knowledge Academy in Hartford, CT with confidence thanks to her Mount education.

Now, six years later, Wyluda is still grateful for that solid foundation.

Wyluda, now a middle school special education teacher at Betances STEM Magnet School in Hartford, CT, is still just as passionate about teaching and the Mount as she was in 2011.

“Being a Mount English and Education student provided me with the foundational knowledge I needed to become a teacher. In conjunction to my 7 years in the Hartford Public Schools and obtaining my masters in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Saint Joseph, all of these steps have allowed me become the educator I am today and fulfill my childhood dream of educating youth,” she noted.

You can check out our original article on Wyluda here.

Want to learn more about the Mount’s Division of Education? Find out more with this testimonial video by current students and Education faculty.

Today, Wyluda is a middle school special education teacher at Betances STEM Magnet School.