The Mount Reflects: School of Nursing

by · August 14, 2017

Are you interested in the nursing program here at Mount Saint Mary College? We take great pride in our School of Nursing. The school is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, boasts NCLEX-RN passage rates that exceed the state average, and enjoys a long-standing reputation with area hospitals as a leader in healthcare education. But don’t just take it from us – here’s what some of our current students have to say about the School of Nursing at the Mount!

“I wanted to become a nurse because I want to help others who are going through a tough time. I decided to come to the Mount because everyone says it’s a good school, and local hospitals will ask to hire Mount students. It’s very competitive to get into the School of Nursing because it is very good. We’re a big family; everyone is really friendly and wants to see you succeed.” – Cynthia Fraile, Sophomore

Mount nursing students holding a flu clinic at West Point

“After I graduated from Westchester Community College with an associate degree, I was able to transfer right into the nursing program here at the Mount. I was interested in the Mount because it was close to home and it has one of the top BSN programs in the area. Once you are here, there are so many different resources to help you succeed. The nursing program curriculum includes multiple opportunities to get clinical experience in a variety of fields. There are also several study resources available to help you if you are struggling. Finally, we have the Career Center to help set you up with an internship or employment opportunities.” – Kym Busatti, Senior

“The nursing program at the Mount challenges their students to never settle only for the correct answer, but to always ask why. With help from the admirable faculty and my driven classmates, I have learned that nothing is more powerful than
knowledge.” – Kasondra Colasanti, Senior, Nursing Student Union president

Kasondra Colasanti (far right) accepts an award from the New York Blood Center on behalf of the Nursing Student Union for the Mount’s dedication to blood donation.

“I love the hands-on experience that the nursing program offers. The amount of time the faculty and staff of the nursing department put into opening up labs for our personal use, offering extra help and guidance when preparing for exams, and guiding us through our clinical experiences has really helped me become a better student nurse each
day!” – Margot Cano, Junior

Want to learn more about the Mount’s nursing program? Check out our special feature, Cultivating Compassion, to hear what our alumni have to say about the Mount’s School of Nursing.

Filed Under: Featured Posts

Tags: , ,