What it’s like to transfer to the Mount

by · March 30, 2017

Hi, my name is Kym and I transferred to Mount Saint Mary College from Westchester Community College (WCC). After I graduated WCC with an associate degree, I was able to transfer right into the nursing program here at the Mount. I was interested in the Mount because it was close to home and it has one of the top BSN programs in the area. When I came to visit, I fell in love with the stunning location and the friendly atmosphere.

Transferring to the Mount has been a very positive experience for my college career. The Mount has transfer counselors that help to make the transition easy. They work with you to make sure that most, if not all, of your credits transfer over effortlessly.

Once you are here, there are so many different resources to help you succeed. The nursing program curriculum includes multiple opportunities to get clinical experience in a variety of fields. There are also several study resources available to help you if you are struggling. Finally, we have the Career Center to help set you up with an internship or employment opportunities.

Since I’ve been here, I have had the opportunity to learn about many of the different cultures represented here on campus. Meeting so many different people really helps reinforce certain values that come along with different culture choices.

If I had to give advice to anyone thinking about transferring to the Mount, I would tell them to go for it! I wasn’t disappointed with my choice to attend the Mount! I have received a terrific education, and I have met great people along the way.

______________________________________________________________________________

Kymberly Busatti, Class of 2019, is a nursing major from Somers, NY, with a minor in psychology.