Alumni Reflections: Emily Blew

by · November 19, 2014

This week marks exactly six months since the Class of 2014 walked across the stage and became the newest members of the Mount Saint Mary College alumni family. Those of us who knew the amazing Class of 2014 are definitely feeling their absence this year, so we decided to reach out to some of our recent alumni for updates. In honor of their six-month anniversary, Knight Life will be posting updates from a few students each day this week, highlighting their achievements and progress since graduation.

Emily Blew

Current city: New Brunswick, NJ

Major at the Mount: Nursing

What have you been doing since you graduated in May?

In June, I traveled to Italy with my family. It was an amazing trip and I felt like it was a great reward after 4 years of nursing school. Then I took my boards, passed, and started applying for jobs.

Currently, I feel so fortunate to be working my dream job right out of school! I am a labor and delivery nurse at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. I love what I do and enjoy the people I work with.

What advice would you give for students in your major about life after college?

My biggest advice to current nursing students, and all students, is to really enjoy what is left of college! You will soon miss staying up all night with friends, having movie nights, doing club activities, and all the social aspects of college. You make new friends in the “real world,” but it’s different when they are your co-workers. Just enjoy having few responsibilities and don’t rush towards graduation!