Getting down to business

by · April 2, 2014

Above: Amanda Cavaciuti (bottom row, second from left) poses with other members of SBA and Jack Belsito, CEO of Voss Water.

The Student Business Association, also known as SBA, is a fairly new club at the Mount. Formed in the fall of 2013, this club is designed to teach and educate students about the work force. The club is not limited to business students, and is open to all students here at the College.

I recently joined this past November. As a public relations major, I thought it would be a great opportunity.

This semester, SBA hosted their first event at the Dominican Center, called “Building a Brand: The Role of Marketing Strategy.” Jack Belsito, CEO of Voss Water in Norway, shared his experience and expertise with students. Mr. Belsito had great tips to share, and was an all-around nice guy.

Other recent events included a lecture by entrepreneur Tracy Stamper about entrepreneurship, self branding, and surviving a financial crisis. Lisa Noble, Vice President of Quantitative Insights at Added Value Inc., spoke to Mount students about getting inside consumers’ heads to solve brand problems.

I’m very excited to be a part of this club. Even though it’s brand new, I know for a fact that this club will take off and I look forward to being a part of it throughout my remaining time here at the Mount.

Amanda Cavaciuti, class of 2014, is a public relations major from Putnam County, NY.

Click here to watch Jack Belsito’s full lecture, or view photos from the event on Flickr.

Join SBA tonight, April 2, at 6 pm in the MST Atrium for a panel presentation about manufacturing in the Hudson Valley. All are welcome.