“Call Me, Save Me” by The Laerdal Interns

by · September 19, 2012

Have you heard this summer’s hit song, “Call Me, Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen? So have my internship managers at Laerdal Medical. During the last two weeks of my summer internship, I was tasked with making a CPR video to that very song.

With the help of a class I took at Mount Saint Mary College called Writing for Mass Media, I was easily able to take the song and break it down so that I could write up a script.

After about a day or so, the script was done. Thankfully, someone at Laerdal was able to show me how to use the camera and it all took off from there. I worked on the lighting, staging, directing, and camera work, and within a few days, the filming was done. Little did I know that the hardest part was about to begin… editing. At the time, I didn’t have any editing experience, but after a few days I had finished all the editing and the video was ready for approval.

I set up a meeting with my managers who had assigned the project and showed them the video. As the video started, huge smiles took over their faces. There were a few laughs and at the end, they congratulated me and said that it was better then they had expected. About a week later, the video made it through the Laerdal legal department and up to the Laerdal YouTube page.

My internship at Laerdal Medical was amazing. While I was working there, I did not feel like an intern because they did not treat me like an intern. I actually worked on many projects that mattered to the company. I hope you enjoy the video as much as my manager and I did! Thank you for watching!

Catherine Conde, class of 2013, is a public relations and business major with a concentration in marketing from Bloomingburg, NY.